Locations: 1009 Museum Way, Bentonville, AR 72712
To engage the imagination of children and their families through interactive exhibitions, programs, and resources while creating an excitement for lifelong learning.
The Amazeum exists to spark and nurture the curious and creative spirit in all of us.
-Active, messy, open-ended and playful nature of learning
-Curiosity, creativity, innovation and risk-taking
-Trust and authenticity
-Passion for powerful guest experience
The dream of the Amazeum in Northwest Arkansas began in 2004. Thanks to the hard work of a dedicated group of visionaries, the idea took root and gained community support. The Amazeum has surpassed all expectations since opening its doors in July 2015. It has taken shape as a cultural leader in the Northwest Arkansas community. The museum has not only become a place for learning and play for families, it has also increasingly taken on other roles important to the region. The museum is becoming a convener of important conversations, and a connector of regional community partners. The Amazeum is transcending the position of a destination organization that many similar museums may take, and becoming a key educational and creative agency collaborating in the fields of art, design, education and entrepreneurship within the greater fabric of Northwest Arkansas. In addition, the Amazeum's educational and creative approach is increasingly resulting in national attention for the museum, its leaders, as well as the recognition of the incredibly vibrant Northwest Arkansas region.
The Scott Family Amazeum is a hands-on discovery museum for children and families in Northwest Arkansas. We welcomed our one millionth guest in April 2019, before our fourth birthday. On average, we serve 240,000 attendees per year. This number does not reflect the hundreds of individuals served through our 60+ annual outreach programs. We strive to nurture and cultivate the curious and creative spirit in all of us by:
Building confidence in children and sparking creative thinking.
Strengthening familial bonds by encouraging families to play, learn and create together and
Developing children's critical problem-solving skills and love of learning.
In addition to being an interactive museum, we serve our community through a variety of outreach and educational programs.
- Field Trips: More than 100,000 students and teachers visited in the first five years for a powerful, hands-on experience driven by learning and connected back to the classroom.
- Early Learning Workshops: These weekly workshops create a play environment that allows for young children (6 months to 6-years) to use natural curiosity to build on skills they already possess, to feel success and take on new challenges.
- Camps: During school breaks, more than 300 children ages 6-14 attend week-long camps that explore STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) through a fun and engaging theme.
- Amazeum for All: provides admission for underserved children and families.
- Educational Outreach: The Amazeum works closely with local school districts building an infrastructure to increase access to STEAM and maker education, including guidance and professional development for teachers and administrators.
The Amazeum has multiple events throughout the year where volunteers play an integral role. If you would like more information about opportunities for individuals or groups, please email us at email@example.com.